Always people love playing games whether it may be indoor or outdoor games. People find playing in order to reduce their stress and for the enjoyment between their besties so that they can build their relationship bond very strong. Basic information about air hockey Playing indoor games gives you strong enough in all the things and it improves and maintains your health and mental related problems. By practising one particular game regularly and you are strong in that you may become an athlete player and bring proud to your country. Nowadays people find playing at online sites and enjoying themselves.
Likewise, air hockey is the game you can play both at indoor and online activities. This is up to you that you can choose any of them and can adopt playing this game. In this article, you can gain information about the game air hockey.
Basic information about air hockey
Facts about the air hockey:
Air hockey is the game introduced in 1969 by Brunswick billiards employees. In the early 1970s, it pushed into the market and came out with great success. This is the game and version of ice hockey but it is played on the thin disc, two mallets and slit with photo detectors. In this game, the employee has created a frictionless surface so that it is the challenging game for the players to take over.
Knowledge about the game and its accessories:
It is the game played by two members with air hockey table, two player mallets and an air filled puck. The table consists of machines to reduce the friction through small tiny holes and it increase the speed of play by creating a cushion of air in play. The main objective of the play is to hit the puck into the opponent goal. The player with the highest point will be declared as the winner.
Mallet- the other name of this called as striker or goalie. It consists of a handle attached to the flat surface of the table. With the help of this handle, only puck is moved to the goal point. Commonly used mallet is high-tops.
Puck- pucks are filled with air and it is made up of the polycarbonate resin. Standard packs are found in different colours and in different shapes like triangle, hexagon. But during competitive play, there will be white tape placed on the front side. Commonly used shape puck is a circle.
Rules of the game:
Rules are the rules it should be followed by the player for a fair competition. Games are always governed by rules under official team members. If the player did not follow the rule then he must be pushed under penalty. Rules are very simple like playing the game. Below given are the rules for the game of air hockey and they are
- The player wants to score seven points to win the game by hitting on to the opponent goal point.
- After every goal is reached, players need to alternate their play sides
- Only one mallet and puck are given during the play
- The player needs to execute the shot within seven seconds that must cross the centre line. If not this is considered as foul and penalty is awarded
- Palming is called by the referee when any other part if the body is touching the puck
- The player can take time-out not more than 10 seconds and there should be a clear explanation about the time-out to the referee.
- When the puck enters the players’ goals then points will be declared.
Tips and warning:
Tips and warning are provided to play better in the game. If you follow this tips then you can enjoy the play by winning the competition.
- Mallet is placed in front of the goal about 8 inches
- Hold the mallet by your fingers for your grip and speedy move.
- Never touch the puck with any other part of the body
- Do not touch the top of the puck with a mallet.
Finally, air hockey is the interesting game and it is played for fun most of the times around the world. By learning rules and regulations you can win the game and keep practising regularly. Aim high and win the star.