Effective Bowling Techniques and Laws, Presently cricket is the most popular sport and people all over the World prefer to watch cricket supporting their team. Bowling is an important feature and a good bowler can be a real one who can bring in success for the team.
Effective Bowling Techniques and Laws
Points to Remember
There are different bowling techniques such as fast, spin etc and one can practice the suitable one that fits him the best. Alongside, a bowler should also get familiar with the rules that he needs to follow while playing. The basic laws for fast bowling are like:
- The Law of Universality
- The Law of Professional Activation
- The Law of Powerful Hips
- The Law of Reducing Leaks
- The Law of Arm Speed
- The Law of the Building from the Ground Up
- The Law of Deliberate Practice
- The Law of Mobility-Stability
- The Law of Fast Twitch
- The Law of Long Levers
So, these are the 10 laws that would help a bowler to improve his efficiency and thus he can perform better in front of a batsman. A coach would be responsible to reveal the above-mentioned laws and he should train the bowler making him a perfect one.
Tips to Become a Successful Bowler
Here are given some useful tips following which you can become a successful bowler:
- If you want to become a fast bowler, first you need to improve your conditioning as he should tend to go with immense pace for several overs. He requires to practice running a long distance that would help him to handle the ball with faster sprints.
- Next, you need to concentrate on the line practicing the trick that would give a tough fight to the batsman. The line should be between middle stump and off stump and you should make sure that you avoid the leg side while bowling.
- You should not use full length not even too short length while bowling rather you need to keep the length as a medium one. If you make a perfect length, it would be easier for the batsman to hit a big stroke.
- Swing and cut is a popular bowling technique that’s usually used to make the batsman confused. Here, a leg cutter can be the biggest weapon to use the trick successfully to catch a slip for the batsman. You need to swing the ball inside and outside the stump of the batsman in the direction of the ball.
- While running on the pitch in front of the batsman use the 12 wrist momentum technique with your wrist facing the upward direction. Now, release the ball with the wrist that would help you to add the wrist speed along with the normal speed.
- Before you start bowling, study the attitude of the batsman that would help you to understand what you technique you should actually use.
Taken as a whole, you can get familiar with all the exclusive technique that would help you to improve the skills and you can come out as a great bowler. Make sure you are able to handle the ball in the right way hitting the target without any difficulties. A cricket player can be a bowler as well as a batsman and then he would be considered as an all-rounder. Previously, looking on to the cricket history it can be found underarm bowling as the only method but gradually fast bowling and spin bowling came out as the two popular options. In 1744, the first ‘laws of cricket’ were drawn up in a written format and since then you can get familiar with manifold other features.